Steve was home this weekend and we had a good time as a family. He got home on Friday around Midnight (it's about a 6 hour drive from Vancouver, WA to home). Saturday morning, we had to go into Spokane to update his DOT license. Long story short, they did not have the papers that were supposed to be faxed to them, so he has to go in again next Saturday, the day his DOT license expires. Hopefully everything goes well, or he'll kinda be up a creek!!
Since it was lunch time, we decided to go get lunch. Red Robin was too crowded, so we went here:

The kids had lots of fun, and they got full. Well, actually, Lindsey didn't, so she started munching on Parker's food. I eventually had to get her a kids' sized fruit bowl. After lunch, we went home, took a much needed nap, and then we had dinner.
After dinner, we play a game as a family:

We were introduced to this game (Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition) at my parents house while we were there for a few days during Christmas break. It's easy enough for Parker and Kate to play because of the electronic banking, and everyone loves, loves, loves, it!! (Plus, Mom doesn't go to crazy when playing with the kids!) We had Dad play with us, and he seemed to tolerate it enough. The kids were just happy to spend some time with Dad.
Sunday, we went to church, and when we got back Steve ate lunch with us, packed up his bags, and headed for Kelso, WA.

Again, he'll be in a hotel, so we don't have to pay for housing. He works long hours, and I can't be grateful enough for the time and energy and effort he puts in and uses for our family. We love you, Steve/Daddy!! Thank you!!



4 comments:
I say YAY for dad's being home!! I played LIFE with the electronic cards, and it is a blast! I even won. I think i won because I did everything you're supposed to do in real life according to the prophet. haha. It think I ended up with 4 kids. It was really fun to play, so I can only imagine how fun Monopoly is!!
And geesh! Lindsey must be growing huh?
I was so glad to hear that Daddy was home. How is the driveway now days? Have you seen Kaija's blog? Please leave a message for Dallis via her blog. We are keeping track of reactions and comments. Some people (Marlyn, my Uncle Steve and my Uncle Gary are sending notes to my email box. That's okay...but I was secretly hopeing for like a gazillion comments on the blog.
It's always a bummer when Dad's gone, huh. It sounds like you guys really take advantage of the time when you're all together though. That's definitely what the kids will remember. You're such great parents :)
You guys are the cutest fam...today when you were heading down the hall towards Steve after church, and you had all the kids in tow, I just thought it was so cute. I can't believe how they've all changed even since I left primary...time sure does fly by! I'm glad you got a chance to spend time together as a family...those are always precious memories! Oh, and I read your previous post and didn't realize how bad your driveway with the snow was when you were telling me about it in church...yikes! Be careful! Have a great day!
Post a Comment