CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 15, 2010

Lindsey's Trim

Lindsey has been begging me for "layers" in her hair. Well, we don't have the money for that right now, so I decided to tackle it myself. Let's just say, I'll probably wait for the professionals next time.
I wouldn't say I butchered it, but it's not the best it could be.
Here's the before:
And here's the after:
Lindsey likes it, so I guess that's what counts!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good, Lindsey!! The layers make you look lots older. I'm impressed that you at least tried to cut some one's hair, Jacy. I don't think I could have even done that.

Becky N. said...

It looks pretty good, actually! I really like the way she looks with the shorter layers near her face.

The biggest thing I learned with cutting Melinda's hair is something I picked up in a hair salon. After you make a cut straight across, hold your scissors vertically and snip tiny cuts upwards through the cut hair line. If that makes sense. It makes the line look much softer and more natural.

Rogers said...

Yes, I did that. Maybe not enough? I mostly just don't like the bangs on her right side. I made too much of it the same length, and so it looks like a huge blunt cut. Oh, well. It'll grow!!

Grandmama said...

Very nice, and not bad for a first try. I only did bangs on girls and only do the boys now with the clippers.

Anonymous said...

It looks goooooood, Jacy! One day I should teach you a trick or two that I learned about cutting hair in layers, and cutting bangs and side-swept bangs.

I've cut my hair since I can remember (I can't stand going somewhere, paying a fortune and coming back home with something I didn't ask for), so I always read a lot and google a ton before cutting my hair not to end up butchering it, haha!

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

eh it looks fine, all that counts is that she likes it

Lachelle said...

I think you were awesome to at least try and tackle that; I don't think I would've had the courage (if it had been Lydia if it hadn't turned out how she wanted she would throw a fit!) You're amazing Jacy!