CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 28, 2010

Valentine's Day

I know, it's not even February yet :D But if you ever look around blog-land, you can see that it's already in full swing. So many of the blogs have the cutest decorations, and others have the most creative homemade valentines. With all those ideas just floating around out there, I thought we should make some homemade ones this year. Want to see what we're doing?
This is what Kate picked. An adorable valentine butterfly. The googly-eyes just put it over the top for me! If you're interested, I found it over at Skip to my Lou. She has so many fun things to look at; I sometimes get lost in her blog!!
Parker chose a very appropriate valentine for a boy, don't you think???
Inside, we're going to write something like "There's space in my heart for you!", or "You're out of this world, Valentine!", or the best one ever, "Happy V-alien-tine's Day!" He's very excited about doing an alien. I found this one over at Family Fun.
I haven't found one I like for Ethan. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear what you think!!
Lindsey's valentine is going to be the most involved. But she's so pumped about it, I'm hoping she'll do most of the work!! Here it is~
They're called "iLoves". So cuuuuute! I originally saw them at Ucreate when she was highlighting a bunch of valentines, but thought they were kind of plain. Then I saw an even cooler variation of them at Full of Bliss and that was it! I knew we had to make them. They're made by covering those little boxes of conversation hearts, and the earbuds are made by using either mini Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, or Rolo's. It's going to be so fun!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Super cute!!! I love those ideas - I was just thinking that it would be fun to make Valentine's with my kids this year, they are so much more fun! I saw flowers once with a tootsie pop in the center, but I love the butterflies! Thanks for sharing and for the links!

Anonymous said...

Those were so creative! How do people come up with these?? I think all of their classmates will love getting those. (I especially liked the iLove)

Vonae said...

So cute! I hope Lindsey will do most of hers too! They look way cute but will take some time. Let us know how it goes.