Monday last week, the kids and I left for Marysville. I woke up at 6:00am--WAY too early for me. So I tried to go back to sleep. The kids kept waking me up, I kept thinking of things to bring, and just couldn't get anymore sleep. So finally about 7:30ish, I decided to get up. Right at that time, my mom called and said the news said the passes sounded iffy. I called the pass report line, and it sounded fine to me. So off we went. Things were going good. Until it was time for lunch. It was a little early for lunch when we got to Moses Lake, so we kept going. Well, there wasn't really all that much else until we got to Vantage, which is right across the Columbia River Bridge. So we stopped at the gas station there and each got a microwavable burrito-thingy, a soda, and a candy bar. All went well until we were almost to Snoqualmie summit and Ethan decided he didn't agree with his chocolate bar. Yep. He threw up 3 times. Really yucky, chocolatey, nasty puke. Lindsey really tried her best to help him throw up in a plastic bag, but he didn't like it. He kept pushing it away. I finally found an okay spot to pull over and clean him up. It took almost 1/2 a package of wipes, and a complete change of clothes. He even got his shoes. I still need to wash them. I had to do all of this outside in the wind and snow. We eventually made it. The kids did really good.
While in Marysville, we did a lot of visiting, game playing, dog chasing, and resting. Everyone had lots of fun. On Thursday, we went and visited Dave and Tamie (Steve's Brother) and their kids. You should've seen them on the trampoline! 7 kids (Ethan was inside watching movies, his favorite thing to do) rolling and jumping around. Clayton (Megan's son who is almost 3!!) fell in love with Parker. He was always following him around! It was so fun to watch. Clayton still can't say his 'r' sounds, so he would run around the house saying: "Pakah, Pakah!" So fun :D
Friday, when it was time to go home, my mom came in and said the news said the mountains were supposed to get a ton of snow. I, again, called my trusty pass conditions (511 on the cell phone) line. They said traction tires were advised, and since we now had 4 wheel drive, I decided to go for it. Before we started going up the mountain, I needed to stop at Deseret Book and get some baptism scriptures. Parker and I started looking around, and a few minutes later, I realized I didn't have my purse. Sooooooo........I called Mom, and sure enough, I'd left it sitting on the floor under the piano. Well, poop! Mom was nice enough to drive to Bellevue, in the nasty rain, and bring it to me. {Thanks, Mom!!} After being in the store for almost an hour, we bought our stuff, and was on our way. Well, almost. We had to stop and get lunch. I KNEW this time, that there wasn't much after Bellevue, we it was now, or WAY later. Parker wasn't very hungry, so he shared his happy meal with Lindsey. Once we got 1/2 way up the mountain, we had to stop. They were cleaning up a mess from an earlier couple of spin-outs. We sat for probably 30-40 minutes. Nothing too bad. We had the DVD playing going, so the kids didn't get too bored. Once we started moving again, we didn't get over 40mph for almost an hour. It was driving me CRAZY!!!!!! The snow never got bad at all. It was only sticking on the shoulders. We were sailing again. Until Cle Elum. We had to stop and use the restrooms, and get Parker some more food. He was hungry. Duh!! You gave your food to Lindsey, silly boy! While in the restrooms, guess what I discovered. It was that time of the month. In the mountains. In the snow and rain. After leaving Marysville about 3-4 hours earlier. I'm just glad I had a tampon in my purse. We got Parker some food, and we were off. Again. We didn't get home til 5:30pm. What is normally a 5 hour drive turned into a 7 and 1/2 hour adventure. We had fun, loved visiting family, but really glad to be home.
Below is a picture of my kids and Megan's kids. They had so much fun playing with Clayton and Aubrey! Kate was especially excited to see what Aubrey would come over wearing each day :D



3 comments:
What an ADVENTURE!!! I'm glad you survived, plus, you had fun :D
Wow! Glad you made it home with only minor adversity! What a trip!
Glad you made it home safe.
Post a Comment