CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 4, 2010

My Birthday Weekend

Friday was my birthday. I turned 31. Nothing amazing or spectacular happened, but I had a good time. Friday day, I was invited over to my friend, Vonae's house. She thought I shouldn't spend it alone, so I went over, played with her two youngest kids (LOVE THEM!!!) and played on the Wii. She was right, it was really nice not being by myself.
*****
Then Friday evening, I had a girl's night. It was me, Vonae, and our friends Kristin, and Carolyn. It was Carolyn's birthday Saturday, and her husband called us and asked us to take her on a surprise girl's night (isn't that sweet?!?!?) So we went to dinner at an Italian restaurant that we happened to find driving down the road. It was sooooo yummy! We all said that we were going to have to take our husbands there! Can't wait!! Then we couldn't really decide what to do. We went and looked at movie times and none of them really worked (why is it that there are no movies in the 8 o'clock hour?!?!). So we ended up going to Wal-Mart (I know, not very fun!!) and saw that the nail salon was still open. So we all went and got manicures. It was so much fun :D
*****
Saturday morning, Kate had a T-ball game, and then at 5:30 (why so late??? grrr), Parker had a baseball game. So Steve and I went shopping for new shoes for me (I was in desperate need) at the mall in between games, and after Parker's game, we went to dinner and a movie.
*****
At the mall, we stopped in Lady's Footlocker. Here's what I ended up getting:
They were almost 1/2 off!! Couldn't beat that!!
*****
Dinner was at our local Rusty Moose.
We LOVE this restaurant. They're a bit on the spendy side, but their Mozzarella Stick are to.die.for!!! Here's what they say:
"Mozzarella Sticks (Rusty Style) Prepared with our house-made pizza dough and loaded with melted mozzarella. Served with marinara, ranch & blackberry sauce for dipping."
If you remember, I talked about them back in February, here. Definitely eat them with the blackberry sauce. So good.
*****
Then we went and saw this movie:
Good gravy, we laughed our heads off. It was hilarious!! I love both of these actors, and they didn't disappoint. So all in all, I had a fun Birthday.

4 comments:

Jenny-Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to a wonderful person! Glad you had a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I never called to wish you a happy b-day (sorry) but I was thinking about you. I'm glad you could hang out and find something to do.

Vonae said...

We had a blast! I'm glad that we got to hang out. I can't wait to see that movie now. I love a great laugh.

Nathan and Raya said...

Fun! I'm so glad you had a good birthday and have great friends there to spend it with!
Happy late Birthday Jacy!