CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 18, 2008

It can happen to you

You've heard it before:  "Crime, it can happen to you."  And now, it's happened to us.  Well, Lindsey, actually.  I remember my parents telling me this, and now I tell my own kids: "Put your bikes away so they don't get stolen."  And I bet you can guess what happened.  Yep.  Lindsey's bike got stolen last night.  It was sitting in our front yard (along with Parker's bike, which *didn't* get stolen.) last night, and this morning it was gone.  Not in the garage, or the back yard or the side yard; nowhere to be found.  She is so sad.  I really do feel bad for her, but at the same time, she has to learn somehow.  What's even worse, it's only about a month old :(  So, during breakfast, she asked if we could go and get her a new one.  So sorry, but no.  I've called the police and reported it missing, but I really don't expect to see it again.  Live and learn.

5 comments:

Becky N. said...

Ooohh, that's so sad!! Poor Lindsey. :( Melinda would be crushed if her new bike were stolen, even though we rarely get out to a place she can ride it. We really struggle with a place to store it, too - for the past several weeks it's home has been the back of our van, and groceries get shoved between seats.

Rogers said...

thank you Becky for that. I know how Melinda would feel. from Lindsey

Anonymous said...

AaaOoooh! Tell Lindsey that Grandpa and Grandma-ma are so sorry. We love you.

The Duckers said...

Sad!!!! :o(
But I know what ya mean.

Tell me the best times in July and August to come visit.

LosPeterson said...

How sad. This definitely is among the more sobering of 'mandatory' childhood lessons. It's right up there with death of a pet and learning Santa Claus is really your parents. No fun.