CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 1, 2008

"Labor" Day

"Rocks in my Dryer" is having a cool little meme on her blog.  She says: "In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor.  And not the kind you get a day off for, either".  Since my stories are so interesting (I think!!), I thought I'd play along.  Head on over there if you'd like to read more fun stories.

http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/

* * * *

How long were your labors? 

Kid #1, 4 hours.

Kid #2, 3.5 hours

Kid #3, 3 hours

Kid #4, 2 hours. 

No, this wasn't the pushing time; this was from first sign of labor, to the popping out of the fetus.  Sorry if you hate me.

How did you know you were in labor? 

Kid #1, Contractions starting

Kid #2, Water Breaking

Kid #3, Bloody Show

Kid #4, Water Breaking. 

Where did you deliver?

The first 3 were at birthing centers.  I used midwives.  No drugs.  Although, with # 1, I was begging for it.  The contractions were on top of each other, and since I went to birthing classes, I was expecting 8-10 more hours of crazy intense pains.  When the midwife said it was only going to 5-6 more hours, I decided to give it a try.  Lucky for me, it ended up being even less.

# 4 was born at home.  Long story, 'nother post.

Drugs?

Nope.  Completely drug free!!

C-section? 

Nope

Who delivered?

Midwives.  Chris Campbell for first 2, then Charlene Jenkins for the last 2.

If you'd like to participate, I'd love to read your stories.  Leave a comment if you do!!

8 comments:

Megan said...

I did it!

The Duckers said...

YAY! I love that post, and yes...we DO hate you!

The Duckers said...

I did it!

Anonymous said...

very nice to remember your 'labor' days. I had forgotten that your #4was delivered at home. How could I forget that? Yes, it is amazing your lengths of time.

Megan said...

Wow - no drugs. Wow. I'm such a wimp....but I always have been. I'm in awe at people that do it without! I knew I never would/could from the beginning.

Fun to read though!

I played too!

Becky N. said...

Wow, I didn't realize they were *all* so short. You got lucky, huh?? :)

I think I'm a little late in the week to play along with my own post, maybe?

Anonymous said...

That was fun to read! I am going to do it! I knew that they were all short, but I didn't realize that they were that short! *I was there for you going into labor with Kate! I saved your hieny that night!*

Nathan and Raya said...

I'm a bit jealous, but you inspired me to do a natural birth with Ilee. Do you remember I always used to say "Bring on the drugs!" You are the actual reason that I decided not to, well, you opened my eyes to a new thinking that made a lot more sense.