CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 21, 2008

Migraines

I used to get them a lot.  It's been a year or two since I've had a really bad one.  Until Friday.  Steve and I and the kids walked home from school.  I had some paperwork to fill out, and had to dig through the kids' baby books to find some info.  We had great fun looking through them, checking out ultrasound pictures, hand/footprints, etc.  That lasted about 1/2 hour.  Then my headache started.  All of a sudden.  It wasn't a creep-up-on-you kind; no it was a wham-bam-you're-out kind.  It's 7:00 pm on Sunday and I just now feel like I can take care of the kids a bit.  Early this morning (like 6:00am) we had to take Steve to the airport.  He's off to Kansas City again for work.  I'm just glad the migraine came when it did, otherwise my kids might've starved.  I have no idea what set it off, but boy, was it a doosey!!!

7 comments:

The Duckers said...

OUCH! Sorry! I can't complain about migraines, but for the last week, I've been going to bed with a headache and waking up with one. I think it's all stemming from my neck and shoulders which are KILING me.
I'm sorry you were in so much pain for so long. Glad that you're better now! Call me sometime!! :o)

dmtnedmonds said...

Oh, I hate those. Totally debilitating. Try vicadin... it always helps!

Stefany said...

Did you get your prize?

Anonymous said...

I found your blog! Yay! Well, actually YOU found ME! I was looking for it and I couldn't find it. Steve told me about it but he didn't know the right URL.

YES, we have to go do VT, as soon as possible!

YES, it is alright if you add my URL to your blog. That's what I always do, so you'll be in mine too!

Nathan and Raya said...

Oh! That sucks. Do you think living where you do has helped to take away your migraines?

Becky N. said...

Wow, so sorry! I've never experienced a migraine. I've had a few killer headaches, but they always go away relatively quickly after I take some medicine, and they're never as bad as people describe migraines.

So, just trying to imagine a whole weekend with a headache worse than the worst of mine ... yikes. I'm really sorry. I wish I could offer some advice, but it's not something I've ever really looked into. I'm glad Steve was around to help out for most of it. And I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

man, migraines suck. im so happy you're feeling better! :)