So there's this story I've been trying to work up the courage to tell you guys. It happened back on Tuesday. We were getting ready to go to the mall (we were at the Laundromat all morning on Monday {dryer doesn't work; I'll have a story about that on Friday or Saturday} so Kaija and I decided the kids deserved a reward) and I was calling for Oreo to come up from the basement. She was at the bottom of the stairs pawing at something. I was just standing there listening when I started hearing a squeaking sound. I kinda started freaking out because I didn't want to deal with a mouse!! The mouse was half-way in the wall, half-way out, and Oreo was trying to get it -- which I guess is kinda cool, but I also didn't want to deal with a *dead* mouse, either. Lindsey wasn't acting too afraid, so I had her go down a couple of steps to see what it was. This is what she said: "IT'S NOT A MOUSE, IT'S A BEETLE!!!" What the what?!?!?!? There's no way that thing was a beetle - it was way too huge. Since Lindsey was doing okay so far, I had her go down and "rescue" Oreo. I couldn't go down. No way, no how. Lindsey got Oreo, and we finished getting ready for the mall. I was still having a hard time believe it was a beetle, so she said she would go take a picture. Do you want to see? I was going to make it small for you guys, but Kaija thought it would be fun to make it big. So here you go:
It's kinda blurry, which I think is a good thing. This beetle is HUGE!!! Like 2-3 inches long, NOT including the antennae. So gross. Steve keeps telling to just go down and kill it, but I'm not sure that it's possible. I looked up this "hostile" bug and one of the comments said that there were two ladies trying to kill the same kind of bug -- one was using insecticide spray, the other was using windex, and the stupid thing still wouldn't die. Either way, that thing is waiting for Steve. Sure, I'll go to the dump, I'll take care of the huge load of recycling, I'll watch the kids all week, and all that other stuff, but when it comes to the bugs, that's his job.
I found the bug online. Here's what the whole thing looks like:
Pure evil.




6 comments:
You're so funny. ;)
I'll come to your house and kill giant monster beetles if you come to my house and kill any wayward bees. K?
SiiiiiiiiiCK! But wouldn't you rather it be dead? Can it get away?
Apparently it can bore through walls, trees, doors, plasitc......so yes, it can get away, but it may not want to right now. It's flippin' hot outside.
And Becky, seriously. Bees? Yes, I'll come take care of your bees. I had to do that last year at our other house it Cheney, while Steve was working away from home. Oh, and the ants, too.
EEEEWWWWW!!! You are so lucky you have a kid who is willing to go and look at it! I hate bugs too! Bees I can deal with, maybe bugs, but spiders....aaahhh I can't do it! FYI baby blessing on the 16th
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! .... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Ok, I am totally freaked that your nemesis is living in the area I live in!!! Good thing our kids are brave!!
gggggrrrrroooossss
Post a Comment