CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday!!

It's my Mom's Birthday today!!  Thinking back on the 29 years she's been my Mom, I realize that she has been an integral part of my life for, well, 29 years.  So here are 29 reasons why I love my Mom:
1.  She gave birth to me
2.  She gave me 4 sisters and 1 brother, all of who (whom?) I love
3.  She allowed me to try having different pets: 3 dogs (were there more?), a few cats, siblings had a hamster, a bird, wasn't there a school pet in there somewhere?
4.  She was always helping me with homework
5.  She encouraged me to do better in high school
6.  Supported me in band
7.  And then all the concerts that went with it
8.  Supported me in my decision to finally take choir for my last semester of Senior year
9.  Supported me in marching band
10. Went to the parades that went with it (the ones close to home, anyway!!)
11. She helped me decide to do work release my senior year
12. Then supported me in my job at the School District in the Purchasing Dept.
13. Encouraged me to learn how to play the Organ.  Of which now, I am extremely grateful for.
14. Supported me in my decision to marry Steve
15. Taught me how to cross-stitch
16. Gave me a love of reading
17. Let me sleep-over at my grandparents house, frequently
18. Helped me after Lindsey was born
19. Helped me after Ethan was born
20. Helped me while Parker was being born.  She came to the house to watch Lindsey and Ethan, since it was the middle of the night
21. Helped me after Kate was born
22. Watched various kids while I took someone to the Doctor
23. Treated me and Steve (& sometimes the kids!!) to countless meals.  I still think Taco Bell is my favorite :)
24. Let me, Steve, Lindsey (and Ethan??  I can't remember) live in your house while you were in Scotland
25. Taught me to support my husband
26. Taught me to love Enrichment nights
27. Taught me to love Relief Society
28. Taught me to respect "my Elders" by calling them by Bro. or Sis.
29. Taught me to be the kind of Mom I am today.
I love you, Mom.  Happy Birthday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...what a surprise. Thank you for the time and thought of putting that together. Not too bad of a picture either (which isn't an easy thing to find anymore).

The Duckers said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! Hope you are having a great day!

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Jacy!! I'm sure glad you remembered to do something special, 'cuz I didn't get much done at all...I hope we can do something later this weekend!

Becky N. said...

Aw, how thoughtful, Jacy!

Happy Birthday, mom! Can I just echo everything Jacy just said? ;) I'm so out of energy and time, or I'd do a similar post.

Jacy: I totally didn't remember anything about you doing a work-release thing in school. Huh. And it was just Lindsey while everyone was in Scotland. She was in her wounded soldier scooting stage. :) I have a picture of Jesse with her in the kitchen. That whole arrangement made for interesting times!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was SO cute! I will do that for my mom's next birthday! Haha! Yes, I'm stealing your idea, but I know that she will love it more than ANYTHING in this world. She's not the kind of person that expresses her feelings verbally very often (or at all, I should say) and so expressing my feelings to her is kind of awkward at times. But something like this would blow her away!

Anonymous said...

Hello! You have won a necklace from Simply Different on Leelou Blogs!!! Please email me at LeelouBlogs@aol.com so I can get you the info you need!

Devri said...

I think you are a lucky woman, you win everything it looks like, so thanks for pressin' your luck for the tutu.

Stalk away, don't have to comment, but maybe just give me a signal like this.

:0)

;0(

;0I

:0!

:0$

:0*

:0|

thanks take care, and your kids are cute!!!