CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Parker!!

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I think he's growing up too fast.  7.  It honestly seems like just a couple of years ago when he was born.  I remember it vividly.
It was Easter 2004, and we were at Grandma Rogers' house for Easter dinner.  We had to leave early because things were starting to happen.  (I won't go into any gross details.  You're welcome.)  Anyway, I kept telling Steve I WAS NOT going to have this baby on April Fool's Day (no offense, Becky.).  And I didn't.  But just barely.  He was born at 11:44pm on March 31st.  Whew!!  Also, we tried to have a water birth, but the birthing center couldn't get the tub filled fast enough.  They would fill it for about 10-15 minutes, run out of hot water, wait awhile, fill it some more, and wait awhile.  Anyway, the tub only got filled to about rear-end depth.  I wasn't even covered when I was in it.  Yes, I still gave birth in the tub.  Parker wasn't born IN the water, but the water was there.  When we figured out we wouldn't get it filled in time, it was too late.  I couldn't (alright, wouldn't) move.  Parker's labor was about 3-3 1/2 hours long.  Yes, I know, you all hate me, but I just have fast labors.  Sorry ;o)
7 years has gone by really fast, and we are finding out so much about this cute little red-head!!  He loves to snuggle.  He's very sensitive, and gets his feelings hurt easily, so we need to be careful of how we talk to him.  He's a people-pleaser.  He loves doing things/errands/chores that you ask him to do.  His teachers all tell me this, too.  He has the funnest, curly red hair!!  I recently tried to trim it, used the longest guard on the clippers, and we lost all the curls.  Oh well.  It will grow back!  He loves reading.  Especially his Spongebob joke book.  Don't get him started--he won't stop till he gets to the last page (which is page 48!!)  He loves making the other kids laugh if they're sad.  It's very sweet.  He says the best prayers.  Not just the memorized stuff we say everyday.  He is always saying what needs to be said/what he feels like *needs* to be said.
about 2 months old
about 7 months old
about 1 year
about 1-1/2 or 2
about 2 or 2-1/2
The beginnings of his curly hair
just before he turned 7
We love you Parker.  Happy Birthday!!

4 comments:

Becky N. said...

Happy happy birthday, Parker! Such a handsome little guy, and my how you've grown so quickly!

Jenny-Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Parker!

Jacy, Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I love girls camp. Will you be cooking for your ward or more? It's so hard to make a menu like that...yummy and healthy and edible and outside! One thing I've learned when you are planning amounts for girls camp double the number of servings you think you'll need. No boys around and outside all day make a girl very hungry!!

Grandmama said...

Just once a year in every year for every girl and boy...there comes a special happy day...a birthday filled with joy. Happy Birthday Parker, from Grandmama

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Parker! He did grow up so fast. I sent him a birthday card yesterday (sorry, it's late) so you should get it soon! we hope all is going well and that Parker had a good birthday.