Well, not a car, but a suburban. I'm so excited!! We got a 2004 Chevy Suburban. It's black, has a sun roof, remote keyless entry, 4x4, V8, cloth interior......
We didn't even really plan on getting a car. We got a flier in the mail saying we won a free MP3 player. So we went to check it out. That was right after school on Friday. We got to the dealership about 3:45pm. We went in, got our MP3 player, and decided to see what would happen. We'd been looking for a new car for awhile, anyway. What with all the haggling, credit checking, waiting our turn for the finance dept., we didn't get out of there until almost 7:00pm. W.H.O.A. That's a long time!! It's a good thing Lindsey is so good at watching the kids. And making mac & cheese. They were home the whole time, which made it way easier for Steve and me.
They were also doing a promotion with their big sale. If you bought a car in a certain price range {which we did}, you could choose between an ATV, or a 37" Flat screen HDTV. Of course, we chose the TV!
Our suburban was in Omak, which is kind of up in the NE corner of Washington. They could get our car to the dealership by Saturday morning. That was no problem. So we went up Saturday, and got our car! We test drove it, just to make sure we really did like it. We did :D While we were waiting on just a couple of final things, we took the kids to the big slide the dealership had there for the event. They loved it! Well, Ethan didn't; not at first. I had to go up with him. I knew he would love it. And after he went down the first time, he was hooked. {Actually, I kinda enjoyed it, too!!} Steve even went down once, and said it was pretty cool!
We are really enjoying our new car, and getting being able to figure everything out. Plus, when winter comes, hopefully we won't be stuck in the snow too much!








7 comments:
WOW- that is great! I can't wait to see it tomorrow. It will be great if you don't get stuck in your long driveway. I'm so happy for you! Congrats on your new car!
Megan and I read this together. We are so excited for you. and wow...what a slide.
congrats :D
Glad things worked out for you to get a new car!
AWESOME!! I love happy car-buying stories!
Woohoo! You got your suburban! Is it the xl you've always wanted?
Yippee!! Congrats! That's so exciting...and it looks SUPER nice! Enjoy!
I'm jealous. My car is from last century and I've had it almost 10 years!
Post a Comment