CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 12, 2009

Ward Rodeo Round-up

Well, I have to be honest.  The ward party was way better than I expected.  Kudos to our ward activities committee.  They had a few contests as well as the ever famous potluck.  Some of the contests were:  Best cowboy couple; best cowboy (young boy); best cowgirl (young girl); best cowgirl (YW age); best cowboy (YM age); and best belt buckle.  Steve and Parker both won.  No, Steve didn't dress up as a cowboy.  But that would've been priceless.  I found some dollar store hats and we dressed them up with buttons and glue-on's from the craft store.  Then we found our best plaid, button-up shirts, and topped it off with bandana's around our necks.  I still need to get pictures, so you'll just have to wait for that.
  
Parker was picked as the "Best Cowboy" in his age group, and Steve won in the "Best Belt Buckle" category.  Now, I have to tell you, he doesn't own one. single. belt. buckle.  And I think he only owns one belt.  So here's what he did:
Every day we talked about going to the party, Steve did his "we're not going", or "you think we're going, huh??"  But Saturday (the day of the party) he started crafting.  He took our old metal garbage can lid, hammered it a bit to make it more even.  He washed it a bit, too, thank goodness.  It's been outside for a looooong time.  Then he used some of his fishing lures and fishing line and hung them from the rim.  Next, he took some of my colored paper and used it to make water, seaweed, and a giant fish.  So clever.  I knew when he was doing all of this, that he was kind of excited to go.  That made me happy :D

5 comments:

Vonae said...

I was so excited to see your family there. I'm glad that you had fun and I did really like his belt buckle.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I missed it!

But thanks for the compliment, I'm in the Activities Committee... hehe!

We were so busy and so tired at the same time, the last thing we wanted to do was cook, get ready and go be in an activity with lots of cowboys. Who could tell that such a party pooper like myself is the one that partially comes up with these activities? Hahaha!

I'm glad you all had fun and you got your prices!!

Winders said...

SWEET BUCKLE! It's sad we missed it.

Jenny-Jenny said...

Love the belt buckle! Way to go Steve!

The Duckers said...

He's got some craft in him after all eh???

AWESOME JOB STEVE!! AND WAY TO GO PARKER!
I can't wait to see more pictures....you took some right?