CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend actually started early for us!!  Steve showed up Thursday evening!!  I was sitting at the computer, and Parker shouted: "Dad's home, Dad's HOME!!"  Usually when he does this, he is either mistaken, and sees a truck similar to Daddy's; or he pulling our leg.  So I said something like "No he's not.  Quite teasing us."  Parker: "No, really!  He's here!!  I see his truck!"  So I jumped up and checked out the window, and yep! he was here!!!!!  Such a nice surprise.  Only downfall.  I didn't have all day Friday to clean up the house, so he came home to somewhat of a disaster :(  Oh, well.
*****
He *was* in time for Lindsey's Choir Concert, though; completely by accident.  That was fun!  All the 2nd graders made up the choir, and it went really well.  They sang nine songs, and it only lasted about 3/4 of an hour!  It was great :)  Ethan had a lot of fun, too.  He kept yelling: "This is SO EXCITING!!"  So cute.  During one song (it was called "Crazy in the Kitchen") Ethan was busting up laughing.  There were probably  8-10 kids in a line at the front of the stage, and they were banging pot lids with wooden spoons to the beat of the song.  For some reason, he thought that was funny.  Anyway, Lindsey did great and even got to play the Triangle for one of the songs.
*****
Friday we switcho-changeo-ed our bedrooms.  Lindsey now has her own room, in what used to be Mom & Dad's room; Mom and Dad are now in the boys' old room; and the boys and Kate are in the girls' old room.  So far so good.  Reason for the change?  Steve felt like he was back in a hole in our old room.  I don't blame him, being back behind the garage, it kinda was a hole!
*****
Saturday was kind of a lazy day, just hangin' out and being with Daddy.
*****
Sunday was more of the same :)
*****
Monday (today), we went for a walk in the morning to get some milk; then we purged almost 1/2 of the toys and old books!  It feels so much better in the family room.
*****
We are still trying to get Steve to move back home with us :o).  He actually got a position closer to home, but still far enough away that he wouldn't have come home every night (it would've been a 2 hour commute each way).  So he had his boss hold him in Seattle til we could get something even closer.  We'll try for next time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog. Not exciting, but I enjoyed reading about your weekend. I'm so glad we visited a while back, so I can now visualize what changes you made in bedroom assignments. Remember the song? "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home"? It is sooooo true.

Becky N. said...

It sounds like a nice weekend. I really wish I could switch up our bedrooms, or even put the kids in either their own rooms, or a room separate from their playroom!

Glad that there are some different opportunities popping up for Steve. Hopefully one close to home will come along soon!

And the concert sounds totally cute. Wish I could see it!

The Duckers said...

ok, when I read this yesterday....I had been commenting other peoples pages. so by the time I got to this one, I just didn't feel up to it.

Question:
Did you cry at Lindsey's choir concert. I think i would have! I'm such a sissy that way! :o)

How are you liking the bedroom changes, and GOOD FOR YOU FOR PURGING junk!!!
That always makes you feel so much better inside when you walk into a room, and it's not so crowded, and you know you've accomplished something. YAY!

The Duckers said...

ps

check out my latest post. I responded to something you said.

Becky N. said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on the toy purging! I'm so jealous. We think of purging our toys, BIG TIME, about every other 5 minutes, but we've only done it once, and it only reduced the toys by about 1/5th. Not enough!!!!

Rogers said...

Mel-

No, I didn't cry. But this is her second choir concert (had one last year in 1st grade), and she's had other performances in the past.

Becky-

It *is* really nice to purge. One idea is to take some toys you think they won't miss, and hide them. Then after a couple of months, if they indeed do not miss them, away they go!!