Tuesday Lindsey had her Activity Days meeting and got to learn how to decorate cakes. One of her leaders works at a bakery, and taught them. They each had their own mini cake to work on. She did a pretty good job! She had lots of fun ;)
Wednesday both Parker and Lindsey had their T-ball and Softball games, respectively. Since they were on opposite sides of the league area, I had to coordinate with another mom and get a ride for one of them. Lindsey got to go with one of her teammates' mom. Actually, her sister is on Parker's team, so it was fun to catch up with the mom (Sara. Oh, and the sister on Parker's team - she was also on Parker's soccer team! Small world). Anyway, I guess Lindsey caught a pop-fly! Way to go!! Parker did well, also. He technically got someone out on 1st, but they don't play outs in T-ball.
*****
Thursday, today, Kate and I had to go get more milk, so we decided to go for a walk. Actually, I walked, Kate rode her bike. She cried the whole way there; she was scared. But on the way back, she had fun. Then when we got home she wanted to call Daddy and tell him all about it. You'll never guess what he told her!! HE GOT A JOB IN SPOKANE!!!!!! Hurray!! Hallelujah!! The Church is True!! (Can you tell I'm excited?!?!?!) Anyhow, his report date is June 9th, so he'll come home his regularly scheduled weekend NEXT weekend, and then stay! YEA! Okay, back on to today. When it was time to get the kids, Kate and I got in the van, and it wouldn't start. Uh-oh. I tried again, and nothing. Not one sound. This can't be good. The only thing I can think of, is the van is out of oil. The last time we went to Seattle, I filled it with oil. But when Steve drove it he said it smelled funny. So he checked the engine, and I guess I forgot to put the cap back on the oil thingy. He also, at that point, checked the oil, and it was empty again. I haven't filled it since. Not good, right? So, tomorrow, I get to walk to the gas station and buy some oil, and hope for the best.
*****
So we've had a good couple of days :) Nice weather, too. Makes it even better!!
*****
Oh, Mom. Guess what I have growing in my front yard??? LILACS!
It smells soooooo good out there!! It was such a nice surprise to see all those pretty lilacs out there. They make a whole wall between our house and the park next door.



7 comments:
oooohhhhh! I love the surprise of good flowers blooming in your yard unexpectedly. What a treat! I was so excited to find tulips in ours!!
AWESOME news about Steve! We are so excited for your family to be "whole" once again. It's so cool. Please tell Steve CONGRATULATIONS! for us.
oh, I'm so jealous. Each year I think about going next door to beg some bouquets, but I never do. I love the smell of lilacs through the window in the evening. Lots of fun at your house. Nice to see and hear about them.
Yay! I'm so happy Steve gets to be home! We are happy for you guys!
OK
1. YAY you'll have a husband again!!! That is the best news ever!
2. How did you get your kids if the van didn't start?
3. That stinks about the van! :o(
4. I LOVE lilacs. SO YUMMY! It reminds me of growing up.
ps good pic the the flowers too!
Melissa, I just walked to the school. Who knew??? (he, he). And this morning (Friday) I went to try to start it again, and it worked!! I still had probably 1/2 an hour before I could go (waiting for bus, and carpool) but I was NOT about to turn it off!! So Kate and I went straight to the gas station for oil. It seems to be working just fine, now. The lilacs remind me of growing up, too. BTW, did you know that Spokane is "The Lilac City". Pretty cool.
That is a pretty interesting fact!
Gee, what a bad sister I am! I read this the day you posted it, and forgot to come back and reply when I had some free hands. I am SO EXCITED that Steve got a local job! I practically cheered when I read the news. :)
I hope your van will be okay. The first thing my brain thought when I read "no oil" was a completely seized engine. Glad it started up again and you got some oil into it! Our van is showing its age... The air only works on full blast right now. Tons of fun trying to talk to a 4yo kid in the back of a noisy van when you *need* the air to be on, and all you get is the loudest setting. And then once the A/C is nice and cool, you have only the options for either full blast freezing, or not at all and sweltering. Hmm, fun. It's also making fun and suspicious squeaky rattling noises these days. Jesse took a look and there's apparently a pulley coming loose. I asked him what would happen if it broke, and he said the car would probably die. Just great, lol. Next time we buy a van, it's going to be as close to new as we can swing it, I'm thinking.
OH, and lilacs. I was at a playground with some friends about a month ago, and all the sudden smelled the most wonderful thing, it totally surprised me! I turned around, and there was a huge bushful of lilacs right there. Couldn't help but smile. :)
Post a Comment