CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 6, 2010

9-5

Well, I'm officially an *almost* working girl. About 2 weeks ago I got a call from a friend in the ward (who runs a day care/learning center/pre-school) asking if I might be interested working at her learning center part-time. Just out of the blue. I called Steve to make sure he was okay with me getting more details. This is what he said, "Uh, yeah. That's what I've been telling you to do!" So with his blessing (he, he) I called her back and said I was interested. So I went down to her center and she explained what she was looking for. It sounded perfect for me. I would be a super part-time, on-call sub-type worker. She's got a lady who's going on maternity leave any day now, and another one coming up, and then someone going on a 2 week honeymoon. I would also be on-call for workers who call in sick. She said she couldn't guarantee any hours. Fine with me! She knows that I can only work during school hours and that Steve isn't hear during the week so my kids are my first priority. She was fine with that. Since we both agree on all of that, she asked me to come in for a "working interview". She wanted me to work with a bunch of the ladies, and then after I was done, she would talk to all of them and they would vote to see if they like me. If they didn't all think that I would be a good match, or do a good job, then she wouldn't hire me. She really strives for a happy working environment. A couple of days later, she called and said everyone really, really liked me!! (whew!) So now, I just need to get a few things in order. I have to get a TB shot, take a CPR/First Aid class and something else I can't remember. She said, it generally takes about 3 weeks to get all this taken care of before she can officially hire me. So like I said earlier, I'm officially an *almost* working girl!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is super awesome Jacy! Congratulations!! I can't wait till I join the working masses(?) myself. Hahaha! I want to graduate first, though.

Vonae said...

We are so happy for you!

Winders said...

That sounds fantastic! Of course they love you!

The Duckers said...

AWESOME!! Congrats! It will be so nice for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jacy, that does sound perfect for you!! I'm so glad you've found a flexible job!!