CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 14, 2010

Food Handler's Permit

I've been working at "The Center" (a.k.a. the daycare/preschool) for a week now. Granted, it was only 1/2 days, but I had lots of fun. Jessica (my boss and friend, who is also in my ward) and I were talking, and long story short, it looks like I will be the cook for The Center. I'll be working about 9:00am-2:00pm. I'll come in just in time to clean-up breakfast, and then start on lunch. Almost everything they eat is made from scratch, and is organic, whenever possible. The food I've seen so far has been pretty good! If I ever have any free time, then I'll help out with the kids. This is more hours than I originally planned on, since when she hired me, I was going to be an on-call worker; but I think it will be okay. Jessica knows that I can't work when the kids don't have school, so it should work out perfectly--even in the summer. I watched the online training video so I can go and get my food handler's permit tomorrow (Monday morning), and all I have to do is show up, take the test, and *IF* I pass (he, he. Everyone says it's super easy) I'll just have to pay $10 for my permit that will last 2 years.
On to other news. The kids had their conferences last week. They all went really well. Every teacher had only nice things to say. They're all getting perfect grades, they're all perfect examples to their classmates, and they couldn't ask for better kids. I sometimes wonder why I even go to conferences, if there's nothing to work on. But it really is nice to hear such great things about my kids. I know they are great. I don't always see it, so it's nice to hear and be reminded of how much I really do love them.

3 comments:

Jenny-Jenny said...

Of course your kids rock. Just look at their parents!

Grandmama said...

hey...one week ago you said it would take about 3 weeks to get the medical okay to begin at the 'center'. Now you say you have been there for a week already. How did that work out?...but congrats and I hope you are having fun. Wish I had a cook at my place.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you like your job Jacy!! (and the food handlers permit is easy, just like you've been hearing.) it must make it easier to have a job when your kids are so good, even if you aren't working when they're home. Just one less stress, right?