CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 2, 2010

Kate's 6th Birthday

was on Saturday. We didn't do anything fancy. We got some family movie tickets from a friend (thanks, Vonae!!) so we went and saw Planet 51. Everyone loved it--except for Kate. But in retrospect, I think she was starting to get sick. If we ever see it again, I'm sure she'd love it. She was just in a funk. After the movie, Dad treated us to Kate's favorite lunch. Tacos (in the form of Taco Bell). It made me happy, too :D Kate got two packages in the mail. One in the mailbox, and one via UPS. Thanks to Grandma-ma for those. She also got a Birthday card from Aunt Megan. What an awesome Aunt!!! Steve and I decided we really needed a date, so we bribed Kate with renting a movie. She picked Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. We had Lindsey babysit and they had a good time. They had pizza, 25 cent pop, and a movie. What more could a kid ask for?
Below: Card and $1 from Aunt Megan
Below: Card and $6 from Grandma Rogers (this one came on Monday. Notice the sickly eyes? So sad.)
Below: Grandmama's (Wilcox) 1st Package
Below: So Grown-up.
Below: This was in Grandmama's 2nd Package. "Elle (sounds like el-ee) the Elephant. Elephants are her favorite animal!!
{and no, that is NOT our Christmas tree still up}
The Rest are from Mom and Dad
Please excuse the face. She had just gotten over a coughing fit.
A Zhu Zhu pet hamster. They are all the rage right now. Bonus: a pet you don't have to clean up after!! It came with the name "Num Nums". Weird, I know, but it seems to have stuck.
Num Nums' home.
In her home (she's in the tunnel).
We did have cake and ice cream, but the pictures accidently taken on the hard drive of our camera, and we don't have the usb cable to download them to our computer. Plus, I had visions of a stacked cake with piped frosting decorations on it. Completely Failed. Kinda glad I don't have proof to show you. Happy Birthday, Kate!

3 comments:

Jenny-Jenny said...

what a cutie! Happy Birthday1

Deepa Praveen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Cute!! I'm glad she had a happy birthday, even though she was getting sick. Hopefully she's feeling better now!