Parker loves his new dresser (poor Ethan gets the old beat-up one), and was so excited to show it off to the kids when they got home from school.
April 17, 2008
New Dresser!!
So, the boys were in dire need of a new dresser, I mean an additional dresser. Up until now, they've been able to share a dresser. Almost always wearing the same size. Parker is now getting to the point that the clothes he wears are bigger, yes I said BIGGER, than Ethan's. Sooooo, there came a need for a new dresser. I've been looking on Craigslist in the Seattle area (Steve could pick it up and bring it home) as well as the Spokane area. All the dressers I liked were a bit more than I was willing to pay, so I decided to just go ahead and get a cheap one at Wal-Mart. I lifted that dang heavy box into the cart, and then into the van, and then when we got home I tried having Lindsey help me get it into the house. Then *she* reminded me that we have a hand-cart (or dolly), and that I should use that. WAY easier!!! Then the next day I started putting it together. It only took about and hour and a half! I was so proud of myself :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Good blog and good for you. The picture looks good. Miss you
YAY for The fixer upper in the family now! That's what Steve gets for not being home! (a more handy wife) I love putting things together when they're easy. I kind of hate reading directions though...hmmm...wonder where I got that one from....
You know, as much as I've always loved trying to put things together, I've never actually attempted it all on my own. Good for you!
On the other hand, I *cannot* believe you got a big heavy box into a cart and home all without help. I *always* drag Jesse along for things like that. ;) (Good thing Lindsey was at least thinking about the dolly!!)
Jacy rocks! You are such a super mom and cool wife. You know I would NOT be pleased if my husband decided to live across the state from me and my family....he's be in so much trouble! lol
You really are amazing. I am proud of you and all you are doing for your family. Those kids must keep you busy.
We really miss you and your family. We love your kids and wish we could play more. I miss Parker and his new "class clown" self. He's going to be such a little stud. lol Lindsey is getting prettier and prettier. You're going to have to watch out for her! We do miss you guys. Let us know when you are on the "right side" of the state again.
Post a Comment