When we moved to our house, our couch wouldn't fit through our doors. Any of them. So I've been looking around on Craigslist and finally found something that I liked, two, actually. Steve has been in Kansas City so I had the truck ~ SCORE!!!
Here is the first one I got. Just a little love seat, but extra seating, and I knew it would fit through the door. $45. I thought it was pretty reasonable.
And while I was there, the lady said she was also selling a mirror. I thought it was stinkin' cute, and she was only selling it for $15, and thought it could've easily gone for $40-$50 new at a store, so I grabbed that, too.
The other couch, a futon, actually, was $125. I've been looking around on the internet, considering buying a new one but didn't want to pay $300-$500. The lady I bought this one from lived on the third floor of a converted house (they converted it into a tri-plex) and said she didn't want anyone to have to help bring the futon down those scary stairs, so all I had to do was show up and help 2 other girls get it into the truck from off the porch!! It's got a slight flower/leaf pattern on it. Nothing too busy, but I like it!
Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with myself. Steve still hasn't seen them in person, so we'll see what he says when he comes home :)



6 comments:
SCORE!
You've done some good finding!
Thanks for always being there to listen to me.
Way to go. You are doing a great job of handling the house etc. while Steve is having to be away so much.
What did Steve think about your stuff that you bought?
Well, I don't think he cared either way. He's not a fan of futons, but he said it was pretty comfy. The little couch, he didn't even say either way, so I guess he doesn't hate it :) He thought the mirror was a good deal, though!!!
Hi Rogers family - it's Megan Somes Bennett....I grew up with Steve. I saw that you made a comment on Ian and Megan's blog. I'm going to add you to my blog and keep tabs on you! Good to see your blog! Hope you guys are doing well.
Great Finds!
Megan passed along your meassage. E-mail me at darcistrash@yahoo.com.
Post a Comment