CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 3, 2009

Lindsey's Field Trip

The third graders at Betz Elementary got to go on a field trip yesterday.  Lindsey begged and begged for me to go, so I found a friend who was willing to watch Kate all day, and boy am I glad I did.  I had so much fun!   We went to Spokane and went to the Imax theatre.  The movie we saw was called "Deep Sea" and was narrated by Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet.  So cool!  The movie was awesome, but kinda scary.  It was showing predators eating their prey, and they even included all the yucky sound effects that breaking muscles and crabs getting crushed might make.  Gross!  I was worried Lindsey might have nightmares, but I think she did okay last night.  After the Imax, we went to Manito Park (sounds like Man-i-toe) and had lunch.  It was a beautiful day.  Nice and sunny, and not too hot.  After lunch, the kids got to play on the playground that was right there, and run around in the fields.  Then we went for a walk around the gardens.  I guess there are 5 different gardens in the park, but we only got to about 3.  It was so pretty.  And peaceful--if you could block out the 60-ish kids walking, talking, laughing, singing, and making all other kinds of noise :D
Lindsey and Lucy waiting for the Imax movie to start
Lindsey and her lunch buddies, Lucy and Addie
The kids playing at the park
Have I ever told you that I LOVE Lilac's???
She found a rock wall.  And she wanted me to take a picture of her sitting on it.  Alright, sweetie.  Whatever makes you happy :D
All 3 of the third grade classes and their teachers.  Lindsey is in the bottom row, 3rd from the Left.  In the white shirt.
This is the picture on Manito Park's website of one of their 5 gardens.  So pretty :D  I just had to include it.

1 comment:

Jenny-Jenny said...

I love trips like that! Glad you had someone to watch Kate!